This weekend I was supposed to climb the highest active volcano in the world, Volcán Cotopaxi (5897m = 19,347ft). Unfortunately, I received a call Friday morning from my guide and he had to cancel. I was kind of upset about it, but I'll hopefully be able to do it anyways later. To make up for it, I went to a beautiful lagoon, Quilotoa, on Saturday with my friend Ashley. The lagoon was formed when a volcano collapsed into a crater. It's hands down one of the most beautiful places I've been in my entire life. We hiked down to the water (about 1500ft down) and rode horses back up. We unfortunately didn't have time to take kayaks out to the middle of the lake and we decided not to stay at the hostal in the middle of the crater, which would have been super cool (and only $12). It was a great day-trip, but I wouldn't recommend doing it in a day again (lots of bus-riding). Here are some panoramic pictures I took of the crater:




No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario